[Xymon] Proxy Priority?

Clark, Sean sean.clark at twcable.com
Wed Feb 6 21:49:53 CET 2013

I have a setup like this:

+------------------------+        +----------------------+
|  xymon:1985            |        |                      |
|------------------------|        |  Downstream client   |
|  xymonproxy:1984       | <-----+|                      |
    +

    +----->   proxy sends to localhost:1985, and upstream host1 1984, upstream host2 1984

[this is repeated across several sites]

The issue is, when downstream client looks to get it's config – in some sites, it gets the local-client from xymon:1985 host, but in others, it gets it from upstream hostX:1984

The xymondproxy in the tasks.cfg is identical in each place (--server localhost:1985, host1:1984, host2:1984)   -- so I am confused as to why some get localhost, and some do not — the local-client is different in each place – and I'D prefer some setting I am missing (?) so that it always gets the local-client from the xymon:1985 instance.