[Xymon] TS - hobbitd_client RED

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Feb 6 18:40:56 CET 2013

> I am continuing to have a problem on my production system:  CentOS with
> Xymon 4.3.0-0.beta2
>
> I am getting the hobbitd_client ICON and the message says:
>

> -          Program crashed
>
> -          Fatal signal caught!
>

> Does anyone have an idea where to look to correct this problem?

That's a message that will get sent out if a program crashes out; it's set
up by the signal handler within most of the xymon binaries.

In this case, looking in the hobbitd_client log in /var/log/hobbit (or
wherever you're setting it in hobbitlaunch.cfg (?) might reveal something.
If it's happenning more intermittently, try adding --debug to the options
to see if there's (perhaps) a specific message that's causing the fault.

HTH,

-jc