[Xymon] File check question

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Sat Dec 14 03:59:04 CET 2013

You saying no exist not exist. The way I read it they are ANDs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Galen Johnson
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 4:11 PM
To: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: [Xymon] File check question

Hey,

I have a question about file tests.  The man pages say

FILE filename [color] [things to check] [TRACK]

I have a test defined as

FILE /tmp/ldap2pw.lck red NOEXIST MTIME>900

How does the "[things to check]" actually parse?  Is it an "and" or an
"or"?  In other words, would that read "the file exists AND hasn't been
modified for more than 15 minutes" or "the file exists OR hasn't been
modified for more than 15 minutes".  I'm assuming "and"...actually I
need it to be "and" in this case.  Or do I have to explicitly say
something like "NOEXIST and MTIME>900"?  I can't find anything about that.

thx

=G=