[Xymon] network traffic monitoring

Kris Springer kspringer at innovateteam.com
Fri Dec 6 08:58:14 CET 2013

Does anyone have an easy installation guide for devmon on Ubuntu?  I
installed it and got the SNMP_Session perl stuff installed, but I'm not
adept enough at linux or perl to get devmon to start for some reason.  It's
got a start script prebuilt for RedHat but that doesn't work for me and I
don't know which paths to edit to make it work.  Even if I do get it
running it looks like I'll need some advanced configs with OID's that I
have no idea about.  Devmon was suggested by previous posts so I thought
I'd give it a shot.  MRTG seems way easier than this and doesn't require
OID's.  Should I just go back to that?

Thank you.
*Kris Springer*