[Xymon] Dell Storage Array monitoring?

Isaac W Traxler traxler at lsu.edu
Sat Aug 31 17:41:56 CEST 2013

I am monitoring MD-3000s with SMcli.

I have not had tim eot do it correctly. I currently have it dump
everything and count the optimals. If it matches the expected number I
give green otherwise red. I then send the full dump as text so that I can
look over it.

The basic gist is:

CMD='/opt/dell/mdstoragemanager/client/SMcli'
CONT1='ip address'
${CMD} ${CONT1} -c 'show storagearray profile;' -o ${FILE1} >/dev/null
c1opt=$(grep Optimal ${FILE1} | wc -l)
c1on=$(grep Online ${FILE1} | wc -l)

Then compare c1opt and c1on to expected values.

--
Isaac Traxler                             AIX,Linux Admin
Louisiana State University, LONI          traxler at lsu.edu
High Performance Computing                225-578-1923
Storage & Infrastructure