[Xymon] ssh Unexpected service response

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 00:58:01 CEST 2013

Hi all

>From time to time I get the "Unexpected service response" on the ssh tests
of a Solaris host.
The test goes yellow, and recovers again within seconds. 10 seconds on the
last example.

Because of the short duration, it's really dificult to replicate.
Can anybody give me some pointers as to what's causing this?
Does xymon log the exact response somewhere?

The old Hobbit archive has a few threads with this error message, but none
give me usable diagnostic information.

The error isn''t associated with any service disruption, and nobody has
reported difficulty with their connections, but I would still like to get
to the bottom of this, and hopefully eliminate the "problem".

Any assistance appreciated.

Regards
Vernon

--
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton