[Xymon] How to use xymond_rootlogin.pl (was RE: root login script)

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Apr 17 21:12:24 CEST 2013

The xymond_rootlogin.pl script is an example of a server-side external
script. It runs on the server at a single point and listens to the
incoming "client" stream. When it sees relevant data, it then fires off a
"status" command with details about that test.

In this respect, it's identical to how xymond_client works, and an example
of munging the raw data coming in in new and creative ways w/o having to
modify the client reporter.

>>> [xymond_rootlogin]
>>> ENVFILE /usr/lib/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
>>> NEEDS xymond
>>> CMD $XYMONHOME/ext/xymond_rootlogin.pl
>>> LOGFILE $XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymond_rootlogin.log
>>> INTERVAL 1m

Change CMD to
 CMD xymond_channel --channel=client $XYMONHOME/ext/xymond_rootlogin.pl

...and remove the INTERVAL line.

>From the perl source, you should start seeing "login" statuses show up as
soon as the clients next report in.

HTH,