[Xymon] DNS error

Troy Adams troy at athabascau.ca
Tue Apr 16 19:30:56 CEST 2013

Thanks Mike.

cheers,

Troy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Burger" <mburger at bubbanfriends.org>
To: "Troy Adams" <troy at athabascau.ca>
Cc: "xymon" <xymon at xymon.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:22:27 AM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain
Subject: Re: [Xymon] DNS error

I have a similar situation for one particular system...in my case, it's
likely an issue that the name I'm monitoring is actually a CNAME, and
there are occasional timeouts when querying the server that's responsible
for the domain where the CNAME record resides.

My guess is that you're experiencing timeouts with DNS queries. If the
"error" states don't last longer than a single polling interval, that's
your likely culprit.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1