[Xymon] Custom graphs, non-standard config

Haertig, David F (Dave) haertig at avaya.com
Wed Apr 3 23:13:35 CEST 2013

Thanks for the response.  I already have an object oriented PERL module I designed and use with Hobbit that is specifically for collecting data from servers and interfacing with my custom scripts.  Both "standard" data that a normal Hobbit client would retrieve, and also custom data.  What I have sounds a lot like that RCLIENT that you mention.  I read the documentation on RCLIENT by following your link, and it is eerie how similar the implementation is to what I have done in my PERL module.  I wrote this module years ago, if is used all over in my Hobbit installation, so changing it now would not be worthwhile.  I didn't find anything that RCLIENT can do that my existing module can't.  I guess others saw the same need I identified for this type of operation, and we developed similar solutions independently.

Thanks for your response!