[Xymon] Test showing white instead of purple

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Mon Sep 17 12:41:07 CEST 2012

Hello,

Using Xymon 4.3.10, we had a problem with a client sending an oversize
message. This caused the 'procs' test to show purple, but it also caused
the 'files' test to show as white.

We have sorted out the oversize message bit, but I am concerned that
because a test showed white we were unaware of it because it doesn't
show on the 'non-green' page. (We were only aware of it because of the
purple 'procs' test and then looking at the 'Current status' page to see
all the tests for the client.)

Is there a way to report a test as purple if it changes from a colour to
white?

I'm not sure why it reported white and not purple. The status report
from the client was truncated, and I assume the 'files' test, therefore,
received no status.

Thanks,

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK      Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001