[Xymon] Brainstorming - open xymon tickets on *acknowledgement*? (and Xymon talking to Jira and ticket systems) (and a bit of Nagios)

Larry Barber lebarber at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 21:59:58 CEST 2012

Does Jira give you an email that acknowledges that it received your email?

I'm using a similar setup, except with Remedy instead of Jira. I include a
"Xymon ID" number with the email I send to Remedy, I am then able to parse
the returned email to match up the Xymon ID's with the Remedy ticket
number. I created a custom page that shows all the hosts/test combos that
are currently alerting and display a link to the Remedy ticket. Works OK.
Remedy email processing can be a little flakey.

If anybody is interested in the code (Python and PHP using a MySQL
database) I would be glad to share it.

Thanks,
Larry Barber