[Xymon] Problem with alerts on a DS value

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Oct 2 06:37:45 CEST 2012

On 1 October 2012 04:01, shea, greg <greg.shea at emc.com> wrote:

> Xymon 4.3.7, testing cpu load from vmstat rrd file works great except for
> the actual alert.
>
> **
>
> I was expecting the string 'CPU Idle load Normal at &V%" HOST=%^hostprd0'
> to appear in the alert****
>
> but it doesn't.

The "HOST=%^hostprd0" string isn't part of the text, so won't show in the
alert.

>   The Subject line in email shows the correct color (YELLOW), but the body
> says green.****
>
> The text string doesn't show up in BBALPHAMSG.  Any suggestions?

I'm guessing that's because the "DS" result is an override to an existing
status, and what you're seeing in the message body is the original color
before override.  Does the yellow status page also show the "green" in the
body?