[Xymon] HP-UX client

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Oct 2 05:04:47 CEST 2012

On 28 September 2012 02:35, Ray Reuter <ray.reuter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a good client install for monitoring HP-UX or OpenVMS?
> The HP-UX is my main concern and also I would have almost no idea of how to
> do the install of the client so any major help would be appreciated.

A Xymon client binary is best, but if it's politically or technically
impossible to get it installed, you can simulate a Xymon client if you can
get a shell prompt over the network (eg ssh), by using my xymon-rclient.sh
script, now available at xymonton.org/monitors.

As recently discussed on this list, the script assumes that you're using
bash and GNU sed on the Xymon server, but a standard bourne shell is fine
client-side.

Cheers
Jeremy