[Xymon] Looking for Xymon clients for Solaris

Roland Soderstrom Rolands at logicaltech.com.au
Mon Oct 1 23:49:15 CEST 2012

I compiled several versions on Solaris, there is a few trick that you need to know.
For the server compilation you need a bunch of SUN freeware packages, I just use the same host for a client package, probably less deps for client only.
On the client itself you need some of these installed as well.
Same procedure for x86.
If you use blastwave packages it is a bit different....

www.sunfreeware.com
binutils (SMCbinut)
    db (SMCdb47)
    freetype (SMCftype)
    gcc (SMCgcc)
    libart_lgpl (SMClibart)
    libpng (SMClibpng)
    libtool (SMClibt)
    libiconv (SMCliconv)
    libintl (SMClintl)
    make (SMCmake)
    openldap (SMColdap)
    openssl (SMCossl)
    pcre (SMCpcre)
    rrdtool (SMCrrdt)
    sasl (SMCsasl)
    zlib (SMCzlib)

setup compiling env.
groupadd -g 1001 xymon
useradd -u 62001 -g 1001 -d /usr/local/xymon -m -s /usr/bin/bash -c "Xymon Owner" xymon
This is for rrdtool, some strange dep, maybe not necessary for client as it doesn't need rrdtool. ( this will force use of gnu ld)
mv /usr/ccs/bin/ld /usr/ccs/bin/ld.orig
export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
crle -u -l /usr/local/lib
crle -u -l /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib
umask 022

cd /var/tmp
cp <from somewhere> /var/tmp
gunzip xymon-4.3.10.tar.gz
tar xf xymon-4.3.10.tar
cd xymon-4.3.10
which make
/usr/local/bin/make
which ld
/usr/local/bin/ld
./configure.client
make
make install         (this step as root)

-          Roland