[Xymon] [Newbie] Smaller, lighter Xymon based program?

Roland Soderstrom Rolands at logicaltech.com.au
Tue Nov 27 23:16:26 CET 2012

I would just compile the latest Xymon server with xymonping.
Configure Apache2 as a webserver.
Install Xymon and Edit xymonserver.cfg to your setup.
Populate hosts.cfg with the hosts you want,  you get a xymon page with all your ping hosts. (conn)
That is a fairly basic and simple solution.
Even if all that other code is there it is not really used.

4.3.10 has prepared packages, ready to install for a bunch of different distributions. (no compile req)

-          Roland