[Xymon] [Newbie] Smaller, lighter Xymon based program?

Ward, Martin Martin.Ward at colt.net
Tue Nov 27 14:05:13 CET 2012

I guess the problem is James wants the web display as well, though I agree it seems like a huge amount of effort to strip out all the things you don't need just to get the things that you want.

@James, since you are looking at the code for Xymon you probably understand C. I would suggest, without doing the project for you, that you use the basic xymonping.c code for the networking stuff and write your own HTML provider. It can be as simple as something that generate new HTML pages every 5 minutes and uses Apache as the web server...

|\/|
--
Martin Ward
Manager, Technical Services

DDI:+44 (0) 20 7863 5218 / Fax: +44 (0)20 7863 9999 /  www.colt.net<http://www.colt.net/>
Colt Technology Services, Unit 12, Powergate Business Park, Volt Avenue, Park Royal, London, NW10 6PW, UK.

Help reduce your carbon footprint | Think before you print. Registered in England and Wales, registered number 02452736, VAT number GB 645 4205 50