[Xymon] [Newbie] Smaller, lighter Xymon based program?

James kfc.android at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 03:44:48 CET 2012

Thanks for the prompt reply guys, really appreciate that.
The reason why I want to modify Xymon is because I'm working on a small
class project
which only need a simple networking-related function (in my case: ping)
with minimal size of code.

I understand Xymon is powerful and runs fast in most of cases, but the best
case is to make
some minor changes based on Xymon simply because I can't just take Xymon
and turn it in as my project.

My optimal goal is: to use minimal amount of code to perform a ping test,
but keep the framework and
style of Xymon. (Now I'm reading Xymonping.c file under /xymonnet folder)

Anyone has idea about how I can achieve this goal? Any opinion will be
greatly appreciated!
Thanks again!

James