[Xymon] Splitting up HTTP into separate individual tests - best practice?

Thomas Eckert tom at it-eckert.de
Mon Nov 19 17:17:23 CET 2012

Wouldn't using the 'httpstatus'-test solve the problem of separate status columns and alerting? P probably i didn't get the hardcase correctly but the following example gives 2 columns (h_app1 and 2) and allows separate alerting. In addition xymon " feeds" the data to the http- column - so all checks are aggregated there.

hosts.cfg:
1.2.3.4    appsrv.example.com     #
httpstatus=h_app1;http://appsrv.example.com:80/;200;3..|4..|5..|999
httpstatus=h_app2;http://appsrv.example.com:81/;200;3..|4..|5..|999