[Xymon] Matching SVC in analysis.cfg

Tom Moore Tom.Moore at sas.com
Fri Nov 16 19:26:16 CET 2012

Make sure you are using the exact SVC name you see in the SVCS column, and put everything in double-quotes

i.e.

SVC "MSSQLSERVER" status=started startup=automatic

NOTE: For some reason I always have to put "status" before "started" in the SVC line, else the check doesn't work right.  Not sure why, but I do see that difference above.

Also, You can get tricked by looking at the Windows service name and not the SVCS column if a service has spaces in it.  Xymon actually reports them with "_" replacing spaces, so make sure to either use those, or put things in quotes (I tend to just be on the safe side and get in the habit of using double quotes)

i.e.
SVC "Microsoft SQL Server" status=started startup=automatic
might not match, because BBWIN actually reports as "Microsoft_SQL_Server" instead

SVC MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE    startup=automatic status=started
SVC MSSQL$MICROSOFT\#\#SSEE  startup=automatic status=started
SVC MSSQL$MICROSOFT..SSEE    startup=automatic status=started
SVC %MSSQL$MICROSOFT..SSEE   startup=automatic status=started
SVC %MSSQL$MICROSOFT\#\#SSEE startup=automatic status=started

Nothing worked yet.

The first gives: MSSQL$MICROSOFT: No matching service - want started/Any
the last gives:  %MSSQL$MICROSOFT\: No matching service - want started/Any
on the svcs web page.

I'm using Xymon 4.3.9

Any help?

Regards,