[Xymon] no vmstat data for 8 hours on weekdays?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Nov 13 00:51:58 CET 2012

On 13 November 2012 08:33, Mike Burger <Mike.Burger at freedommortgage.com>wrote:

> I’ve got something odd going on…I have one AIX 5.3 system for which the
> CPU Utilization (vmstat) graph is blank from 9AM to 5PM, only on weekdays.
> None of my other AIX systems (5.3 or 6.1) are displaying the same behavior.

Odd.  Is the blank section EXACTLY (within 5 minutes) between 9am and 5pm,
or just approximate?

Are you getting updates for your client data?  Check out the [vmstat]
section both inside and outside of the 9-5 range, and see if they look
different.

Perhaps during business hours, there is a process that runs, or a general
increase in load, that increases the numbers in the vmstat output, such
that the columns are no longer aligned the same.  I know that there is at
least one Xymon client data parser that fail if the columns aren't aligned
as  expected (procs, perhaps).