[Xymon] Splitting up HTTP into separate individual tests - best practice?

FORD Alan Alan.FORD at stanwell.com
Fri Nov 9 04:47:53 CET 2012

Try setting them up like this.. We have separate web pages from the same server but needed to monitor each page separately.

#hosts.cfg file

0.0.0.0       South02 # COMMENT:"<a href=http://utapp01/trader/all_states.php>Spot Market Summary</a>" prefer testip noconn nonongreen http://utapp01/trader/all_states.php

South02 is a pseudo host name that isn't pinged or tries to get its name dns resolved.
You can then use South02 as your host name in your analysis file. Added benefit is that the COMMENT causes the link to appear on the Xymon page :-)