[Xymon] RRD - Aberrant Behavior Detection with Holt-Winters Forecasting

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Nov 9 02:06:08 CET 2012

On 24 October 2012 06:19, Nico <nicolas at lienard.name> wrote:

> now, if i add the def:
>
>        DEF:b=test_rrd.rrd:test:HWPREDICT
>
> the graph is not showing anymore [even if i didn t use the new DEF on a
> LINE]  :(

In debug mode, showgraph.cgi will display the arguments sent to
rrd_graph().  Try adding "--debug" to CGI_SHOWGRAPH_OPTS in cgioptions.cfg,
and have a look at the parameters.  Then try running "rrdtool graph ..."
with the same parameters and see what it says.

If you're able to grab the URL for the image, use wget to fetch the URL and
show the contents.  You should see the rrd_graph error message, like this:

This is what I get when I add a line with HWPREDICT, where I haven't
defined it in my RRD file (yet).  You might get a different message that
indicates where the problem is.