[Xymon] problems with Xymon SSL

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at umdnj.edu
Sat Nov 3 08:10:56 CET 2012

On 11/03/2012 01:34 AM, Leszek G Geba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install Xymon
> version 4.3.10 on CentOS
> CentOS Linux 6.3
> Linux 2.6.32-279.11.1.el6.x86_64 on x86_64
>
> there is a problem with SSL installation.
>
> I am running ./configure.server script
> When do it comes to SSL section it says:
> Checking for OpenSSL ...
> Compiling with SSL library works OK
> Linking with SSL library works OK
> Checking if your SSL library has SSLv2 enabled
> Will support SSLv2 when testing SSL-enabled network services
>
> Xymon can use the OpenSSL library to test SSL-enabled services
> like https-encrypted websites, POP3S, IMAPS, NNTPS and TELNETS.
> If you have the OpenSSL library installed, I recommend that you enable this.
>
> Do you want to be able to test SSL-enabled services (y) ?
>
> All installation process runs without problem, however after starting
> Xymon it cannot do any SSL based test.
>
> Like for example:
> Sat Nov 3 16:00:46 2012: Server timeout
> https://mail.bussq.com.au/ - Server timeout
>
> When I am checking
>  /home/xymon/server/bin/xymonnet --version
> xymonnet version 4.3.10
> LDAP library: OpenLDAP 20423
>
> and no information about SSL, which means it is installed without SSL
> support. (is it correct?)
>
> OpenSSL package is installed and I can execute commands related to it.
>
> Can anyone point me out what I am doing wrong?
> Or what else I need to check?

Check the configure.log or similarly named file (haven't compiled
anything recently so I'm blanking on the actual filename). I'm guessing
it didn't actually find the SSL header or lib files. Make sure you have
the openssl-devel RPM installed as you likely need that to compile
against it. There are x86_64 and i386 versions of this.

--
|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  | |Ryan Novosielski - Sr. Systems Programmer
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent.|IST/EI-Academic Svcs. - ADMC 450, Newark