[Xymon] MAGMA XYMon Web GUI Admin Now Available!

Shannon Anderson sanderson at CORNETSER.com
Thu Nov 1 23:13:06 CET 2012

Larry,

You said you had issues, I think I have them corrected if you would like to try again. I have updated the web with the new tarball.

You said...

1.      There is nothing in the www directory in the tarball, so I copied all the .php files in the top directory to my xymon directory. That does not work. I get a 404 whenever I try to access one of the pages, the message has an untranslated $XYMONSERVERWWWURL in the URL it says it can't find.
Ok fixed tarball so files are in www folder . These files must be in the root of the www folder on xymon server to be accessible by web, Also make sure they are readable by all so apache can dish them out.
The translated issues should not happen if you have all urls in config.php set correctly. There are 3 urls,  (root web, cgi and seccgi)

2.      You missed a couple of explicit references to /var/www in MAGMA.php, these are referring to a .pl script that doesn't exist on my system.
Actually that was part of another mod I am working on. It did not belong in this cut down version and I have now removed that piece.

3.      You should probably warn people that copying over the contents of the /etc/ directory will wipe out any changes they have made to xymonmenu.cfg.
Updated readme to make note that xymonmenu.cfg will be overwritten and how to merge custom menus with this menu.

4.      Minor issue, you have a repeated "the" in managealerts line 65 and managehosts line 223.
Doh, sometime my fingers type faster than my brain thinks. I have removed the two extra "The" in the code.

If you continue to have issues with the $XYMONSERVERWWWURL send me a screenshot of the groups manager page and the source file for your index.html in the root of your servers web it should be a symlink to xymon.html . I will look at the way we parse out your look and feel to see if there is some issues with the parsing process.

Thanks for your time and working with me to get a solid piece of software out to the xymon community.

Cubert