[Xymon] e-mail alerts for a specific log? (Solaris 10)

Neil Simmonds Neil.Simmonds at express-gifts.co.uk
Fri May 25 16:33:47 CEST 2012

Nick,

Digging into it a bit further, you could use the GROUP=groupname
parameter in analysis.cfg.

i.e.
LOG %application "%Restore failed for Server*" COLOR=red
GROUP=serveradmins

If you set a groupname on each LOG alert in analysis.cfg then you can
use that in alerts.cfg to direct the alert.

So alerts.cfg could be something like this,

GROUP=serveradmins SERVICE=msgs
	MAIL whoever at wherever.com

Or

HOST=servername GROUP=appladmins SERVICE=msgs
	MAIL whoeverelse at wherever.com

That way alerts would only be sent to the relevant group.

Pettefar

<Neil.Simmonds at express-gifts.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > Nick,
> >
> > I don't think you can directly direct different log alerts on the
same
> > server to different recipients but this is something I'm looking at
and
> > I've decided that the alert should run a script that will decide
which
> > alert it is and send to the appropriate recipients.
> >
> > Obviously if all the log alerts from any one particular server want
> > go to the same group of people then the standard Xymon functionality
> > will do that.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Neil.

Services
> > Authority
> >
> > ________________________________
> >
> > NOTE: This email and any information contained within or attached in
> > separate file is confidential and intended solely for the Individual
to whom
> > it is addressed. The information or data included is solely for the
purpose
> > indicated or previously agreed. Any information or data included
with this
> > e-mail remains the property of Findel PLC and the recipient will
refrain
> > from utilising the information for any purpose other than that
indicated and
> > upon request will destroy the information and remove it from their
records.
> > Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and
do not
> > necessarily represent those of Findel PLC. If you are not the
intended
> > recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and
that
> > any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
email is
> > strictly prohibited. No warranties or assurances are made in
relation to the
> > safety and content of this e-mail and any attachments. No liability
is
> > accepted for any consequences arising from it. Findel Plc reserves
the right
> > to monitor all e-mail communications through its internal and
external
> > networks. If you have received this email in error please notify our
IT
> > helpdesk on +44(0) 1254 303030

Name & Registered Office: EXPRESS GIFTS LIMITED, 2 GREGORY ST, HYDE, CHESHIRE, ENGLAND, SK14 4TH, Company No. 00718151.
Express Gifts Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
NOTE:  This email and any information contained within or attached in a separate file is confidential and intended solely for the