[Xymon] vmware or similar virtual image

Poppy, Ben poppy.ben at marshfieldclinic.org
Tue May 15 20:50:17 CEST 2012

I agree, in fact, going to a virtual solution increases robustness of the monitoring server itself. You are no longer relying on a single piece of hardware as a single point of failure. Well-built vmware clusters have the ability to fail over to other servers and automatically bring the virtual servers back online, thus eliminating single points of failures. This is especially true when teamed with multiple path disk systems and networks..