[Xymon] History log output snapshot too old

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Mar 16 16:13:40 CET 2012

On 16-03-2012 12:56, Andrey Chervonets wrote:
> But in some circumstances the DB can crash (due to internal problems,
> which may be or may not caused by active requests)
> even at 26 sessions and we got status red because of error accessing DB.
>
> There may be other cases like this. For example server just crashed and
> not responding. I want too see last picture what was there just before
> crash.
>
> For me it would be much usefull to see last output snapshot of yellow
> when I am checking what was before red (before the incodent when DB
> crashed in out case).

So if a status goes has been green for a long time and then goes red,
you'd like to keep both the new red status AND the last green status?

Makes sense, and I've wanted that data myself on some occasions. But it
will obviously require some changes to the history logging module. I'll
see what it takes to do that.