[Xymon] How to setup a custom script to attempt server logons and other functions

Steve Anderson steve.anderson at bipsolutions.com
Fri Mar 9 12:25:29 CET 2012

Perl is pretty much perfect for this kind of thing. You do need to install some modules though. CPAN makes life easier.

FTP:
Net::FTP. An example test is attached. It's pretty much the sample code from http://perldoc.perl.org/Net/FTP.html, with a little editing to hook it into Hobbit.
SFTP:
Net::SSH2. http://search.cpan.org/~rkitover/Net-SSH2-0.40/lib/Net/SSH2.pm

WebPages:
LWP::UserAgent if you set it up right, you can hit multiple pages, using a cookie store to maintain cookie based logins.

Steve Anderson