[Xymon] ntp - custom timeout

Andrey Chervonets a.chervonets at cominder.eu
Sat Mar 3 08:36:16 CET 2012

Good day!

I need to setup custome response timeout for ntp tests for some (or at
least for all) hosts.
Option --cmdtimeout for xymonnet is not solution,
because problem is not with ntpdate delay, but  how long ntpdate
expectes response

ntpdate man says:
      -t timeout
                Specify the maximum time waiting for a server response
as the value timeout, in seconds and fraction. The value is  is  rounded
                to a multiple of 0.2 seconds. The default is 1 second, a
value suitable for polling across a LAN.

But I can't find how to tell xymon server use that option (the best
custom per host).
Some of monitored hosts are outside LAN and time to time we got RED, and
after some minutes GREEN again.

Best regards,

Andrey Chervonets
SIA CoMinder