[Xymon] hobbit/xymon clients

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Jun 28 07:53:06 CEST 2012

The client data should have a [clientversion] string.  Something like this
should show the version:

xymon --debug 127.0.0.1 'clientlog servername' | sed -n
'/\[clientversion/,/^$/p'

My clients don't report a version (just a blank line) and I think that's
because the version comes from clientupdate, and I don't have clientupdate
setup (as I update using package management).

It would be nice (hint) if xymonclient.sh used "xymon --version" instead of
"clientupdate --level" to get the version.