[Xymon] Monitoring a simple cluster

Adam Goryachev adam at websitemanagers.com.au
Fri Jun 22 09:07:55 CEST 2012

On 22/06/12 15:51, Colin Coe wrote:
> Crazy thought, but why don't you have smtp01 defined in DNS as an MX
> with priority or 10 and smtp02 defined in DNS as an MX with priority
> of 20.
>
> You may have a perfectly valid reason for doing what you are doing,
> but simply having a primary and a secondary SMTP server would be
> simplest to administrator and to monitor.

Possibly due to the servers being used as the "smarthost" for random
users sending emails via SMTP?

In any case, it would be interesting to see how this can be done, or how
other people do it, since I've recently implemented a SAN system with an
active + standby and would like to do a very similar thing.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev