[Xymon] xym-oracle.sh script

Benjamin P. August baugust at stanford.edu
Thu Jun 21 19:22:35 CEST 2012

My oracle tablespace monitoring query (I stole it from the old bb-roracle.sh script) is this:

$SQLPLUS -s $DBUSER/$DBPASS@$ORACLE_SID <<EOF > $TEMPFILE 2>&1
(sqlplus variables go here)
select d.tablespace_name "Tablespace Name", round((d.bytes / 1048576),1) "Size (M)", round((d.maxbytes / 1048576),0) "Max Size (M)", round((d.bytes / d.maxbytes) * 100,0) "% Used", autoextensible "AutoExtend ?"
from dba_data_files d
where d.tablespace_name NOT LIKE '%ROLLBACK%'
order by 1;
exit;
EOF

Then the logic in the script checks for a NO in the last column and a number larger than 96 in the next to last column like so:

if test `grep -c "[97 98 99 100] NO" $TEMPFILE` -gt 0;
then
        COLOR=red
        MSG="There is a full, non-extensible tablespace"
fi

(I am sure someone is going to come up with a better regex up there :D )