[Xymon] Hand editing config files

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Fri Jun 15 08:51:10 CEST 2012

(maybe this was already proposed ...)

Some versions ago, the names of the config files were changed.  And if I'm not
mistaken, Henrik has plans to change all the config ans split the bb-hosts in a
web-layout config and a wha-to-monitor config.

Why not change to a config file layout that can be changed manually and easy
parsed for a GUI?  Like the .ini format.  I know the .ini format is limited to
what you can do, but it's easy to edit by hand and there are lots of parsing
modules for php/perl/C/.... available.

We use .ini files for your internal scripts.  These files are edited by hand,
parsed with perl/php, generated with perl, ...  And that works very wel.

Stef