[Xymon] Hand editing config files

Malcolm Hunter malcolm.hunter at gmx.com
Thu Jun 14 16:34:19 CEST 2012

I'm all for having a database back-end for config. It would also make my life easier to teach my colleagues to use a GUI (web page?) to edit the config rather than teaching them to use the BASH shell and vi. As long as the GUI is kept up to date to support any changes to config options and supports bulk loads, it shouldn't be a problem.

It would be best if Xymon can be configured to use one or the other (flat files or db), to allow time for the development of the GUI to catch up with the available options that flat files currently provide. A migration facility should be provided to go from flat files to db as well.

Malcolm
--
BBWin Development - The Windows client for Big Brother and Xymon

http://bbwin.sourceforge.net
http://xymon.sourceforge.net