[Xymon] Newbie - help to install packages/configuration for server/client

Rafiqul Ahsan rafiqul.ahsan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 03:25:23 CEST 2012

I am having an issue with running configure, where it complains about
RRDtools. I already have RRDtools installed in /usr/bin and accordingly I
have used the below options to configure. It does not seem to be working
either. Can anyone please help ?

Here are the logs :

xymon-4.3.7$ <l at sysops-rafi:~/Downloads/xymon-4.3.7$> ./configure

Configuration script for Xymon

This script asks a few questions and builds a Makefile to compile Xymon

Checking your make-utility
Checking pre-requisites for building Xymon

Checking for fping ...
Xymon has a built-in ping utility (xymonping)
However, it is not yet fully stable and therefore it
may be best to use the external fping utility instead.
I could not find fping on your system
Do you want to use xymonping [Y/n] ?
OK, I will use xymonping.

Checking for RRDtool ...
RRDtool include- or library-files not found. These are REQUIRED for Xymon
RRDtool can be found at http://www.mrtg.org/rrdtool/
If you have RRDtool installed, use the "--rrdinclude DIR" and "--rrdlib DIR"
options to configure to specify where they are.
rafiqul at sysops-rafi:~/Downloads/xymon-4.3.7$ ./configure --rrdinclude
/usr/bin --rrdlib /usr/lib

--
Rafiqul Ahsan
Reston, VA 20194