[Xymon] Dir monitoring

Michael Beatty Michael.Beatty at sherwin.com
Fri Jun 1 19:57:24 CEST 2012

Well, I'm down to one problem

I figured out the first problem by reading the man pages for
analysis.cfg and client-local.cfg.  Go figure

My client-local.cfg needed a command
dir:`find /var/mqm/log/*/active`

and my analysis.cfg needed a regular expression
DIR %/var/mqm/log/*/active$ yellow SIZE<25000

So, my checks are now checking.

However, ALL of the checks for all of the directories listed in the
client-local.cfg are being listed for all of the hosts regardless of
what tags I have in the analysis.cfg.  My assumption here is that the
web page will display ALL the data that is sent from client-local.cfg,
but will only alert on what is configured in analysis.cfg?  Is this correct?

If so, it would appear that I need to setup wildcards for host names in
client-local.cfg... is this supported?

Michael Beatty
Sherwin-Williams
IT Analyst/Developer