[Xymon] Xymon 4.3.8 Bug report - CORRECTION

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Jul 26 05:47:54 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM, <Chris.Morris at rwe.com> wrote:

> **
>
> Noticed that since upgrading to Xymon 4.3.8 I am getting errors in the
> apache error_log :-
>
> [Tue Jul 24 10:19:59 2012] [error] [client xx.xxx.xxx.xx] 2012-07-24
> 10:19:59 Sendto failed: Socket is not connected, referer: *
> http://xymon/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=hostname&SERVICE=cpu*<http://xymon/xymon-cgi/svcstatus.sh?HOST=hostname&SERVICE=cpu>
> ,

This is the graphing binary trying to talk to a persistent xymon_rrd
process via socket, and finding a stale socket in the $XYMONTMP directory.

Have a look in $XYMONTMP for old files called rrdctl.NNNNN (where NNNNN is
a process ID).  Any old ones of these should be removed, either with "rm"
or by restarting Xymon.  After you remove them, the log message should go
away.

These are sockets created by the xymon_rrd process(es).  These might have
been left behind during your upgrade.  Normally stopping xymon should
remove these files, but I wonder of the upgrade process has terminated them
without prejudice, leaving behind the sockets.  I had the same problem
after an upgrade to 4.3.8.