[Xymon] Xymon version 4.3.9 now available

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jul 25 09:30:39 CEST 2012

On 25-07-2012 01:18, Roland Soderstrom wrote:
> Got some problem compiling 4.3.8 and now 4.3.9 same problem.
> Using Solaris 10 x86 32bit
>
> MAKE=gmake ./configure.server --rrdinclude /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/include --rrdlib /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib
> (also tried without the rrd directives)
> And then I get
> Checking for RRDtool ...
> Not RRDtool 1.0.x, checking for 1.2.x
> Compiling with RRDtool works OK
> ERROR: Linking with RRDtool fails
> RRDtool include- or library-files not found.
> These are REQUIRED for trend-graph support in Xymon, but Xymon can
> be built without them (e.g. for a network-probe only installation.
>
> root at pxym01:/var/tmp/xymon-4.3.9# pkginfo -l SMCrrdt
>     PKGINST:  SMCrrdt

Very strange. I downloaded the VM image of Solaris 10/x86 and tried
compiling Xymon after adding some of the Sun Freeware packages. There is
one problem with the SSL library detection, but nothing with RRDtool.
You can see the compile-log here: http://henrik.hswn.dk/solaris10.txt

PS: The SSL issue can be fixed by changing configure.server: The lines
that read

     if test "$SSLINC" != ""; then
         echo "SSLINCDIR = -I$SSLINC"     >>Makefile
     fi

should use $OSSLINC instead of $SSLINC, i.e.

     if test "$OSSLINC" != ""; then
         echo "SSLINCDIR = -I$OSSLINC"     >>Makefile
     fi