[Xymon] Multiple critical view with criticalview.sh ?

Nico nicolas at lienard.name
Tue Jul 24 21:03:12 CEST 2012

Ok i think i just found the way myself by grepping everything everywhere ...

in criticalview.sh, it is possible to override the critical conf  file with "--config":

[root at xymon cgi-bin]# grep -n --  --config /opt/repo/src/xymon-4.3.7/web/criticalview.c
481:    else if (argnmatch(argv[argi], "--config=")) {

So, by modifying criticalview_NEW.sh
 exec /opt/xymon//server/bin/criticalview.cgi $CGI_CRITVIEW_OPTS --config=/opt/xymon/server/etc/critical_top30.cfg

now, the /cgi-bin/criticalview_NEW.sh shows the devices of critical_top30.cfg ONLY :)

thanks and sorry for the noise.

Cheers
nico