[Xymon] Can I monitor how many connections are in TIME_WAIT for a specific port

Root, Paul Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Tue Jan 24 17:13:41 CET 2012

Hi,
        We are monitoring a particular port that we are having issues with. 8022, it's a proxy port for HP NA.

        Anyway, I have an expect script that goes in and tests the functionality of the port. But when it starts to go bad, this script get stuck in TIME_WAIT, along with the users connecting to the port.

        So, can I look at the port data before I try connecting, and if there are a bunch of TIME_WAIT connections, just skip the test entirely?

        I'm running the test from the xymon server, so I was thinking of pulling the data out of xymon directly. Would that by xymoncmd?

Thanks,
Paul.

Paul Root    - Engineer III
Managed Services Systems - CenturyLink

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly