[Xymon] xymon rrd value different from reported value

Jeff Bender jbender at mportal.com
Mon Jan 23 22:17:22 CET 2012

All,

I've figured out what the issue was. It appears that NCV and SPLITNCV behave
differently. For example:

Data is delivered like this ( column = log_test ) :

Name_1 : 0
Name_2 : 0
Name_3 : 0

For NCV, you would make the following entry and everything would work perfectly:

NCV_log_test="Name1:GAUGE,Name2:GAUGE,Name3:GAUGE"

For SPLITNCV, you would assume it's the same, but it's not. When xymon creates
the rrd file, it's creating it like this:

log_test,Name_1.rrd as opposed to the expected (log_test,Name1)

Since the file is being created with the '_', it seems that instead of picking
up 'GAUGE' as the type, it's using the default 'DERIVE'. I would call this a
bug, but I'll let someone with more experience open it if that's the case.

If you're having this problem, just skip using any special character since they
will probably cause your more problems than they're worth.

Thanks,

Jeff