[Xymon] dbcheck.pl

Venkatesh Subbaramu Venkatesh_S04 at infosys.com
Wed Jan 18 13:24:40 CET 2012

Hi All , I am new to hobbit and Perl . We are looking at implementation the "dbcheck.pl"  script for monitoring  Oracle and SQL Server databases .I had few questions regarding the script

*         Is there any documentation available for the script ?

*         What does the following in the ini file mean ? How do I read it ?

*         valtocheck=2:10::>:1;2:0::>:1:SYS;2:100:50:<:1:TEST:=;2:50:100:>:1:TEST:!

*         What does the following mean and why does this setting  not report SYSTEM table space

*         tb.SYSTEM         = 101:101 # don't report SYSTEM tablespace problem for all databases

*         I felt the script to be cryptic and any help for understanding the code better at least from a basic troubleshooting perspective is greatly welcome

Regards,
Venkatesh

Infosys e-mail system.