[Xymon] Running the Availability Report from a crontab entry

cleaver at terabithia.org cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Jan 18 07:12:09 CET 2012

On Tue, January 17, 2012 9:55 pm, Buchan Milne wrote:
> On Tuesday, 17 January 2012 23:38:26 cleaver at terabithia.org wrote:
>> On Tue, January 17, 2012 12:13 pm, White, Bruce wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I know I have seen some discussion on how to do this, but my searching
>> > the archive has come up with nothing.   Can anyone provide an example
>> of
>> > how I would run the Availability report from a crontab entry, so I
>> could
>> > produce a report automatically the first of every month for the last
>> > month?
>>
>> From xymonreport.sh:
>> "10 2 1 * * /usr/bin/xymoncmd --env=/etc/xymon/xymonserver.cfg
>> xymonreports.sh monthly"
>
> Where is xymonreports.sh?
>
> (yes, I happen to need to implement something like this this week ....)

In the tarball...
./xymond/xymonreports.sh.DIST -> ./xymond/xymonreports.sh

>> This is what I do in my RPM (with paths):
>>

> IMHO, this should be a separate package, and/or extension, and we should
> try
> and sort out/standardise extension deployment/packaging etc.

Well, agreed... ;) But this, being in the distribution, seems like
something best kept close to the original. Arguably tasks.cfg (or .d) is
the proper location, now that we have CRONDATE as an option, whether
disabled by default or not.

-jc