[Xymon] Antwort: Re: export usage reports for management

Hermann-Josef Beckers hj.beckers at kreis-steinfurt.de
Thu Jan 12 09:02:01 CET 2012

xymon-bounces at xymon.com schrieb am 11.01.2012 18:08:36:

> perfdata.cgi - ships with Xymon 4.3.x. Dumps all of the data in the RRD
> files to a comma-separated file (CSV) that you can import into Excel for

> further processing.
>
> Hmm, I see it isn't documented. Anyway, I do the extract once a month
> with this script:

Are you sure? My slight modified version

"#!/bin/sh

START=`date '+%Y%m01' --date="1 month ago"`
END=`date '+%Y%m01'`

/home/xymon/server/bin/xymoncmd perfdata.cgi  $START $END 2> fehlers | \
    gzip > data-$END.gz
exit"

gives

"2012-01-12 08:50:00 Using default environment file
/home/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
2012-01-12 08:50:00 Usage:
perfdata.cgi HOSTNAME-PATTERN STARTTIME ENDTIME"

Using a HOST variable as HOSTNAME-PATTERN in different combinations

HOST=%lscopy02 HOST=lscopy02(.local.domain) HOST="--page=lscopy02"

gives no errors, but only an empty gz file. Tested with xymon versions
4.3.5/7.

Any hints?

Yours
hjb