[Xymon] Question regarding definition of groups....

Tom Moore Tom.Moore at sas.com
Wed Jan 4 20:16:45 CET 2012

I don't believe so based on the 'man hobbit-alerts.cfg/alerts.cfg' page.   I was only answering your question in terms of the DURATION option.  I don't see where you can define aliases for your email addresses.

GROUP=groupname  Rule  matching  an  alert by the group name. Groupnames are assigned to a status via the GROUP setting in the analysis.cfg
       file.

I don't believe that's what you want.

I've always just used the mail inline, i.e

HOST=%something.* COLOR=RED SERVICE=disk
MAIL dba at host.com,someoneelse at somewhere.com FORMAT=TEXT DURATION>120