[Xymon] xymonlaunch stuck purple

Michael Beatty Michael.Beatty at sherwin.com
Wed Feb 22 19:36:59 CET 2012

Hello,

I just installed my first stand alone client reporting to my xymon
server.  During setup, I did something that caused xymonlaunch to
crash.  The xymonlauch red alert said, "- Program crashed Fatal Signal
Caught!"  I think it had something to do with permissions as I FTP'd the
clientlauch.cfg over as root and the file was secured as root:root:.  I
believe the error was a signal 6???  maybe 5? ...  Anyway, I fixed the
permissions, and bounced the client, and things came up and are working.

However, my "xymonlaunch" alert is now stuck in a "purple" state.  The
logs all look good, and I can tell that other xymon alerts for this
client are reporting correctly.  I also notice that my other system, the
server/client system, shows a "-" for the xymonlaunch.  This leads me to
believe that this "xymonlaunch" alert is not configured to report unless
there is a problem.  If my assumption is correct, how can I clear the
"purple" alert?

--
Michael Beatty
Sherwin-Williams