[Xymon] Xymon Monitor for Vmware ESXi

David Baldwin david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au
Tue Feb 21 08:14:55 CET 2012

On 20/02/12 11:35 PM, Gudmundur Ingvarsson wrote:

>  Well there is a new version online now which includes Stevens changes.
>
>  I've also updated the SVN with the code so that is online now.

Excellent work, and great to have it in SVN.

Please find attached diff with some further changes.

bb-ESXi.pl now 'use strict' compliant
Added a file $BBHOME/.esxpass to keep the root password in.
Avoided some hard-coded paths.

Some issues I haven't investigated yet:
cpu column complains " System clock is -57600 seconds off (max 10)" -
I'm guessing a time zone issue in the [clock] section - UTC: line is not
GMT for starters.
procs checking seems a bit awry maybe due to column layout issues.

I really should pull my finger out and contribute my VM info test.

David.

> regards
>
> Gudmo

David Baldwin - Senior Systems Administrator (Datacentres + Networks)
Information and Communication Technology Services
Australian Sports Commission          http://ausport.gov.au
Tel 02 62147830 Fax 02 62141830       PO Box 176 Belconnen ACT 2616
david.baldwin at ausport.gov.au          Leverrier Street Bruce ACT 2617

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport visit http://www.ausport.gov.au

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it and notify the sender.