[Xymon] Include transfer of file contents to Xymon server for FILE check

Bill Arlofski waa-hobbitml at revpol.com
Sat Feb 18 00:01:30 CET 2012

On 02/17/12 17:53, Josh Luthman wrote:
> No dice.  I tried that and after two cycles of files being red MSGS is
> still clear:
>
> System logs at Fri Feb 17 17:50:34 EST 2012 : No log data available
>
> The client did not report any logfile data

Josh, you probably already know this, but for the sake of anyone new to Xymon,
is it possible that you forgot to add the required statements to the
client-local.cfg file on the server like so:

[ClientWithLog.example.com]
log:/opt/noticeofpowerfailure:10240

This tells the client "ClientWithLog.example.com" that it is supposed to send
the file "/opt/noticeofpowerfailure" (10240 bytes worth)

Hopefully this is something you didn't know, and it helped. :)

--
Bill Arlofski
Reverse Polarity, LLC