[Xymon] monitoring aggregated network traffic

Martin Flemming martin.flemming at desy.de
Thu Feb 16 08:26:57 CET 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012, Jeremy Laidman wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 6:53 AM, Martin Flemming
> <martin.flemming at desy.de> wrote:
>
>> Ok, correction ... I can't see the ifsum-graph
>> on the default trend-page, but if i take on graph of the trend-page
>> and change the service=ports to service=ifsum
>> then i got the graph :-)
>>
>> But how can i display this on the default trend-page ?
>
> From the "how to setup custom graphs" page:
>
> "If you want the graph included with the other graphs on the trends
> column, you must add it to the GRAPHS setting in the
> ~xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg file."
>
> So in your case, add ",ifsum" to your GRAPHS setting and then reload
> the trends page.

Yes, added ifsum to the GRAPHS settings and restart was done ..
but nothing was to display :-(

i've  add behind the  hostname  TRENDS:*,ifsum but also without success :-(

Now i've found this thread and the solution :-)

http://lists.xymon.com/pipermail/xymon/2011-December/033323.html

I've had to make an touch  ifsum.rrd and voila, the graph will be display :-)

Is that an bug ?

thanks & cheers,

         martin