[Xymon] Uuencoded file atached to xymon status update message

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 10 12:02:18 CET 2012

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:19:40 +0100, "Eenkhoorn,  (Klaas)"
<klaas.eenkhoorn at vtspn.nl> wrote:
> Is it possible to add a uuencoded file to the status message?

"uuencoded" ... ?!? Must be at least 10 years since I last came across any
of that.

You can add anything in a status message, but it doesn't change the fact
that the status-page you see in your web browser is in HTML format. So if
you include uuencoded data in your status message, it will show up as
uuencoded text on the status page.

> Will the file appear as a clickable object in xymon ?

No.

What exactly are you trying to achive? It sounds like you should just
include some HTML in your status mesage, e.g. a link to the file you want
to make available.